Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A New Chapter

( Don't mind the commentating in the background:))

So as I sit here with tears running down my face, I have so many thoughts.  Let me back track a bit.  I have been incredibly fortunate for the past five years to work at an amazing preschool, Boomin Tots.  From the time I had Reece and came back to work, when he was 11 weeks old, I have had nothing but support.  Many days when Reece refused to take his bottle they would call me from a few rooms down to feed him ( yep, says a lot about his personality , refusing a bottle at 11 weeks old!)  He then turned into a preschooler .  I could check on him any time I wanted.  I was able to get an early peak at all his BIG moments.  His teachers would stop me in the hall just to tell me something silly he said. So I worked but with Reece always close by.  I knew that if I had to leave him, my colleagues loved him as much ( and definitely more some days) than I could ! I had the best situation with being a working mom!
So for the past six years, maybe even more, Gregg and I have discussed me going back to school, to get my elementary certification. Tomorrow I officially begin my new journey as a full time college student AGAIN1 I guess it is emotional for me, mostly as a mom, because Reece will now be in school full time where I can only hope his teachers love and adore him as much as they did at Bloomin Tots. Will I be as available as a mom who "works" full time?  How do I manage classroom things for him and I?
So this leaves me with the thoughts of new beginning....yes they are scary, exciting, but also much needed!

I have had the most amazing last week with Reece and wish I had another but that is how things work.  I know more than ever I will treasure every moment!

Just a highlight of some of our great adventures this week..
Riding the jet ski with our Mr. Troy!

Kensington Farm with Nana and the cousins
Our horse drawn hay ride!

Our super fun Science project





No comments:

Post a Comment