Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A BIG day!!


When most people think of kindergarten they think of things like new friends, rite of passage, excitement, and maybe yes a little scary .  Well Reece had a much different idea about Kindergarten.  He told us before going to bed last night, "This is the day I have been praying would NEVER come!"  Needless to say emotions were running high today and on all levels. It is a new school, new teachers, new friends, simply but NOT SO SIMPLY everything new! 
It was a half day for him today and we joined him.  All and all things went fine.  Reece was definitely shy and very cautious but did eventually warm up even asking a few boys if the wanted to be his friend! As as parent and being in education myself I hoped ( as did Gregg when we spoke about it after) that we would walk into his classroom and his teacher would be welcoming the children each by name with wide open arms. That didn't happen:( There were some great moments however and I will try to keep an open mind.  (This tends to be a bit difficult for me.  I do understand Reece knows and senses all of our frustrations as adults.  I want him to know and feel how important education is and supporting the school we have chosen for him .)
Thursday will be his first full day alone.  We simply drop him off at the door to his teacher and principle and off he will go!  I am guessing there will be tears and hoping only from Mommy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment