Thursday, September 29, 2011

"I think I caught something!"


So it was a typical Sunday in the Matthews house.  Gregg and I have neglected our entire house because we have been trying to make things so smooth around the house since school started for Reece.  Things have definitely been on the up swing so we decided to try to get some normalcy back which includes much needed tending to our yard.  Reece became highly frustrated because we weren't playing with him or as he says "we aren't doing anything fun!"    ( Quite the life he leads, ALWAYS needing fun!!) Needless to say he took it upon himself through his tears to pick up his fishing pole and practice his casting.  Sadness and disaster quickly turned to "Daddy, Daddy, Mommy, I think I got something!" He reeled it in all by himself to find a rather large pike on the hook!!
So I ran over to get our neighbor Roger!  After all he is the one who taught Reece how to fish and gave him his fishing pole AND lures to "catch some good guys"
I'm not sure who was more shocked as to the sight of the rather large pike, Gregg, Roger, or Reece!!
Aslo thanks to Roger and his pliers Gregg didn't have to stick his hand in the pike's mouth . ( I had no idea of course that they even had teeth).  What a proud moment for everyone!!  
We decided to throw him back in so he could grow bigger for us to catch again.

 ( Reece earned himself a solo fishing spot on Mr. Roger's boat that evening!)

No comments:

Post a Comment