Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Coming up for Air, well at least a little!



Gosh it has been crazy busy around here.  I have had so many moments where I say I need to post that and then haven't taken the time to do it!


So a quick recap of our adventures:
  • BEST NEWS - the day after I posted about Reece struggling still with school we arrived a little bit earlier than usual.  There many kids outside waiting for the bell to ring.  As it did, all the kids ran up to get inside. OMG YES Reece was one of them!  We have turned a major corner!  He is doing fantastic and told me at pick up today he had an "absolutely great day"
  • On Sunday Reece caught his first fish!!  (I'll post pictures soon)  We had some "adult" company over so Reece decided to keep himself busy by practicing his casting.  Next thing I know very calmly he says "Mommy/Daddy come here I got something!" Sure enough he caught a little blue gill!  The best part was when he asked us if "he could cook it on the grill tonight"  We decided to throw the little guy back in the lake.

Now that Reece seems to be adjusting to school he has really started opening up on his days away.


A few highlights of things he is learning:

  •  "Ms. Stachura talked to us about words which are not kind to say".... Daddy asks " Like what?" Reece responses with " like stupid (long thoughtful pause), hate (another long thoughtful pause), God damn!!!" OH MY GOODNESS
  •  " Mommy you are walking on my words" Guess he was telling me I need to quit interrupting:)
  • "I walk down the hall with the biggest marshmallow in my mouth, but  you know I really don't like marshmallows at all." We realized this is how they convince the kids to be quiet in the hallways
  •  " I told you I am a big boy now and can get myself in my seat!"
  • "In Wellness today we talked about Go foods - like apples, oranges, potatoes, and No foods.  Its okay to have No foods for special occasions like birthdays.  So since we didn't eat too many No foods for your birthday yesterday Mommy I can eat some more today, right!?!"
It is amazing in two weeks how much Reece has grown up and how much more independent he is becoming.  Of course we love to see this but realizing how quickly the time flies.  We are truly trying to treasure EVERY moment big and small!!  He continues to amaze us each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment