Tuesday, September 3, 2013

All good things must come to an end...

Today is a bittersweet day.... school starts!


I found myself digging my heels in this past week or so, as I haven't wanted this day to come for so many reasons.  I mostly have been not wanting such a good thing to end because we have had such an amazing summer.  
Sure there has been frustrations, there have been meltdowns, but there has been a lot of laughter, a lot of firsts, and we survived with being able to say we  came out the other side with an incredible summer.  
Eleven weeks ago I was completely overwhelmed with the thought of being home full time with two kids but within a few weeks we had a routine down and were really enjoying ourselves. 
Two in a half years ago I made the decision to go back to school full time.  Little did I know what a challenge it would be.  While I had previously been working , a full time college student proved more hours, and more challenging than I ever anticipated.  Then bring on a pregnancy, and a new baby, followed by a one year old, I never had a break.  I had no maternity leave (as I was in class even the day I gave birth!) So needless to say, eleven weeks off was exactly what I needed, yet  at the same time overwhelming.  
Now I sit here with my student teaching beginning on Thursday, and Reece starting second grade.  Where has the time gone? 
I finally went school shopping on Saturday and found my mind racing with thoughts on the year ahead. 
As I previously said our summer was full of checking off our bucket list, making memories, and simply being able to say we are happy and content in this moment.  However, I also realized that the next step is finally here.  Jumping in head first, nerves and all, only means that I am that much closer to the achieving a goal I sometimes wondered if even achievable.   
If our summer was any sign of what is to come, I am hopeful  that this will be a school year full of fun, tremendous growth, and unpredictability.  So while summer vacation is coming to an end, this is really just the beginning and as Reece told me yesterday he (we) "are kinda excited!"
So head first we go!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment