Thursday, December 15, 2011

Getting in the spirit of things...

Tomorrow is Reece's Christmas party at school so I decided to make Santa hats I found on Pinterest.
Little did I know how easy they would be to make.  I did have to use a store bought miniature brownie because Reece has a severe peanut allergy in his room, so his teacher always needs to have box labels.  However I did make homemade buttercream frosting simply using a 16 ounce bag of powder sugar, 1 stick of crisco, 1 tablespoon of vanilla, and probably 4 tablespoons of milk.  

Then I cut the tops off the strawberries and placed them onto of the frosted brownie.

To finish them off I added a dollop of frosting for Santa's top of his hat (Thanks Gregg for the suggestion)
Our finished product...
I can't wait to for the kids to enjoy them tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment