Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Not exactly as planned

I certainly have had some time these past 36 hours to reflect on where we have been and where we are going!.

The back story:
Two weeks ago while Gregg was away I began to feel like I was getting sick, or at least feeling very run down.  Everyone convinced me I needed to get some rest.  After about four days it was apparent I was very sick.  I must have said one hundred times I feel like I am dying.  Add a pregnancy on top of things and I had Gregg and my family quite concerned.  By Saturday I paged my OB to get some suggestions to help with any relief.  Well by the following week I found myself the ER.  I was sent by my OB because my heart rate was quite elevated as was the baby's.  After a few bags of fluids I was sent home and told I would feel improvement within 48 hours.  Well that came and went.  To be honest I think I got worse.  I was scared but just praying that I could make it til the next morning.  So Monday I had a recheck at the doctor and was sent for more testing.  Well here I find myself admitted to Botsford for several days with pneumonia. .

The past two weeks have been so trying so emotional.  I know to some it is hard to fully understand because of course my goal is to get better.  However I have missed a weeks worth of classes, midterms included.  As I lay and pray about feeling better I am also praying that I feel the baby move.  It was just a month ago when Gregg and I were speaking about everything falling into place.  We have waited and wanted all this , school, to add to our family.  Now it is sitting on our door step but clearly God had other plans.  Our schedules have been crazy, clearly I needed to slow down.  In a short two week time frame , I have realize that I need to slow down and take each moment as it comes because tomorrow is not a given.  I hope all the work I have put into this semester will not be lost as  I have no guarantee as to how long I will be here in the hospital and how much work professors will allow me to make up.  But as far as today goes we have heard the baby's heartbeat twice and I am off an IV for now. This makes us smile!! I had a chance to talk briefly with Reece on the phone ( he isn't able to come up to visit because of the infectious nature of my floor)., his laughter and excitement brought a smile to my face.  So I am trying to remain focused on today and being so grateful for the incredible husband, son, family, and friends we have helping us through.  Tomorrow will come soon enough

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow! This is certainly a story for the baby book. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete