Monday, July 22, 2013

Birthday Party Recap

Well we officially have a 1 year old and in three more days a 7 year old!  
With one party complete,  we have our next one around the corner.

But to recap Graham's 1'st birthday party....
His birthday and party were a huge success despite a thunderstorm which resulted in the cow jumping the fence (the farm animals were terrified, poor things).  
When I started planning, I found a bunch of ideas on Pinterest and tried to execute several of my favorites but personalizing the party for Graham.  
I had so much fun planning and putting it all together.  
As I had previously said we went with a farm theme.  I couldn't have been more pleased with how it all came together. 

Getting things set up..

The one photo collage is a made up of several of our favorite moments and highlights from Graham's first year!



I really struggled to decide if I wanted a cake or cupcakes, so we did both.  I love how it turned out!!





In trying to stick with the farm theme for food but also keeping in mind the kids, we served veggies and dip, a watermelon bowl filled with fruit salad, macaroni and cheese, potato salad, tater tots,  pigs in a blanket, and sliders from Hunter House. 

My first attempt at a birthday banner.  Despite the work I was so pleased with how it turned out!


The farm table outside, complete with cowboy hats on the back of each chair for the kids.



Big brother Reece and his cousins loving their lemonade in mason jars


When I saw these give aways, I knew we had to do this.  They are egg crates cut in half and filled with farm themed goodies.  




The birthday boy watching the animals come in


Taking a little time to enjoy one of his favorites - animal crackers! 








The smash cake was a complete success!!


Our best attempt at a picture of all the 'little ones".  It was certainly the year of babies for our friends with no more than 5 months between the youngest and oldest.  



And no party is complete without relishing in the moment and a glass of wine, or two:)!


We feel so blessed to have shared Graham's special day with our closet friends and family.  He is such a lucky boy to be surrounded with so much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment