Friday, November 23, 2012

Giving Thanks

After several attempts of writing this post, I am now a day late but have put my thoughts together.  Like so many others our life is busy.  We manage through everyday and before we know it another week has passed.  And wow now it is already Thanksgiving and the holiday season.  I didn't feel prepared at all or should I say emotionally in the holiday spirit.  We usual love the holidays and with this being Graham's first, I want it to be that much more special.  So I needed a hard kick to get in the spirit of things.

Beyond thankful for this little Turkey!!

My niece and nephew had their traditional Thanksgiving program with the preschool they attend.  This is also the place I worked for six years and where Reece went to school starting at 11 weeks old.  So needless to say there are so many memories for us especially with the Thanksgiving program.  It was a busy week for us and of course we were running a few minutes late.  After a bathroom stop we found our seats.  The curtains open and I was overcome.  While it was great to watch the kids preform, I found myself waist deep in memories.  Here I sat in the audience with my six year old who sat at the edge of his chair and quietly sang along to the songs he quickly remembered, my new son, and my husband. I realized watching my boys in the forefront with the preschool singing behind in my view all that we have to be thankful for this year.  

My most handsome guys watching the parade downtown!

Certainly everything in our lives has a purpose and my life has changed so much in the past year in a half since making the decision to leave my job and follow my passion of becoming a teacher.  We are in such a good place right now.   It certainly has not been an easy journey to get where we are right now but I wouldn't trade the journey for anything.  I always hoped that my life would feel as full as it is right now. So on this Thanksgiving I feel so grateful for what God has given us. 
And I am certainly thankful that we made the time to as Reece said "support Aly and Brady" in their performance, it was perfect!!

A perfect way to end our amazing day...reminiscing about memories with family!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment