Sunday, November 25, 2012

Graham is 18 weeks old




Sleep:  
Well I am happy to say Graham seems to be back on a schedule.  He goes to bed for the night between 6 and 7 pm.   He is still waking up at night but only once, usually around 3 or 3:30 am.  I haven't had the courage to just let him cry to see if he will go back to sleep so for now I just feed him and he is right back to sleep until around 6:30 am.  Graham is still awake for about an hour after eating and then ready for a nap.  He really prefers to sleep in his crib and does not want to be rocked or held.  Although he does need a few visits back in his room to either put the binki in or just a few minute head rub.


Diet:
 Graham is eating about every 3 to 4 hours.  This week there have been times I have had to wake him during the day to feed him (but I only do this during the day).  We haven't been to his 4 month appointment yet so I haven't introduced any cereal as I previously considered doing.  After talking with some other mom's we may wait until 6 months.  It seems that many doctors are recommending waiting to start food.

Health:
I am not sure on Graham's weight but guessing he is around 14 pounds.  He is working hard at filling out his legs, and even has some well earned rolls which we love.  Graham still has a blocked tear duct which flairs up occasionally but really doesn't bother him. Otherwise we have a happy, healthy, growing boy!!

Milestones: 
We celebrated our first Thanksgiving as a family of 4!  We went downtown and I ran in the Turkey Trot then we all watched the parade.  Graham loved it so much, he slept through the whole parade!!  We had dinner over at my sister, Kristen's house.  Our Aunt Ethel joined us, she will be 95 years old in February.  SO this was a very special milestone for Graham to celebrate with her.  Graham is also so close to rolling over from his front to his back.  He can get over to his side but just can't figure out how to get all the way over.  This is causing him a lot of frustration but not sure he'll be happy once he gets all the way to his belly!

Aunt Ethel and G


Likes:  
Graham is loving holding onto toys, hands, blankets, really anything he can get his hands on.  It is amazing to watch his eyes find the toy then bring it up to his face to see.  He also just found his feet which he is trying his darniest to get in his mouth but he hasn't quite figured out how.  Graham also loves being sung to, especially Patty Cake and the Wheels on the Bus.  We get big belly laughs out of him when we play peek-a-boo or make lip sounds (this includes raspberries, clicking, popping whatever we can muster to get a laugh)

I want those pig pigs


Post Partum : 
I ran my first race, the Turkey Trot which was a 5K.  I certainly didn't break any speed records but just happy that I ran the whole way.  I haven't been counting my calories since Thanksgiving but looking forward to tomorrow and getting back on track.  All in all I seem to do better on a schedule as well!! (Although I have thoroughly enjoyed a 5 day break!!)

We are walking to the starting line!!

No comments:

Post a Comment