Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Graham is 16 weeks old!!

Working it out!!


So we are a few days late in this post and with each day I am happy to say Graham is getting back in the swing of things

Sleep:
G's sleep has definitely improved but some nights are better than others.  We seem to be making progress on his naps and even bed time.  We swaddle Graham, lay his cozy bunny next to his head, turn on music and he is out with little fussing.  He still is not always sure about the binki but we always try it.  Also at night we turn off his lights and turn on a projector which he seems to really like and help ease him into sleep.

Health:
Graham still has his blocked tear duck in his left eye.  It is not nearly as bad as it had been but it is still there so we will definitely be asking about it at his next doctor appointment.  Graham has also had a slight cough the past few days but it doesn't seem to bother him at all.  We have just been running his humidifier at night, which seems to be helping.



Diet:
We are thinking once he officially turns 4 months we may start to introduce oatmeal cereal. ( I have to say there will be no rice cereal for the little man.  I am just being a little cautious in regards to the high arsenic levels which they reported this summer so we will just start with oatmeal).  Otherwise he is nursing or taking a bottle which I pump about every 3.5 hours.  He would go longer but I thought maybe pushing him to every 4 hours may have attributed to waking back up again at night, because he wasn't getting enough during the day.  Maybe its just a fluke with moving up his feedings but G is back to sleeping longer.

Size:
We aren't sure on Graham's weight but I would guess he is around 14 pounds.  He is sporting size 2 diapers and officially wearing all 3-6 month clothes.  He has also started to grow out of some of his gowns so Graham has started wearing footed pjs to bed, so cozy.



Milestones:
We have brought out the exer-saucer.  Everyday Graham gets a little more comfy in it.  We prop a  blanket behind his back to help support him.  I have to say he wasn't that crazy about it at first, maybe just too much stimulation but every day he warms up to it a bit more.  Graham has also found his hands.  He is really starting to grasp onto toys.  It is also adorable to watch him bring his hands in front of his face and just move his fingers slowly fixated on them.


Likes:
The little man is only liking standing up right and out front.  ( This is one of the reasons we brought out the exer-saucer)  Graham still likes to lie on his mat in the morning but after that he wants to be up right. He loves to be talked and sung to.  We can't get enough of how he talks back to us.  Graham is still loving being outside.  We had beautiful weather this weekend so we tried to soak up as much time outside as possible, as this morning there was snow on the ground!!  



Post Partum:
So it has been about two weeks and I am back to the gym averaging about 3 days a week.  I am running and lifting weights.  While some days are much harder than other, I always leave feeling great!!  I weighed myself for the first time since I was at my last OB appointment at 9 weeks.  I haven't lost a single pound.  That was quite an awakening especially since I am no longer eating dairy and feel like I am so limited on my food.  I decided if I can't be eating what I want then at least I could be losing weight, but clearly have not been.  So I got back onto MyFitnessPal account and am religiously counting my calories, every bite I take.  I am hoping to see some weight lose results soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment