Saturday, November 3, 2012

Graham is 15 weeks old

Well just when I thought we were smooth sailing, we have hit some rough seas!



Where to begin...
Sleep: Well I honestly have no idea what has happened, but Graham is back to waking up every 4 hours at night.  Better yet he fights going down for naps during the day ( except of course at daycare yesterday he sleep for 4 hours, the ladies certainly thought I was crazy when I told them of his sleeping issues).  I feel a little lost on what to do.  At this point I have implemented a new "rule" during the day - no more sleeping in the swing!!  My thought is maybe he has no idea how to get to sleep.  The past two nights we have laid him in his crib and let him fuss a bit, going in every few minutes to put his Binky in or just help comfort him.  It has worked - he falls asleep laying in his bed, on his own!!  I told Gregg if he is going to arch his back, and scream while we are holding and rocking him, let him do it in his bed.  He actually seems calmer laying in his own bed ( not that he doesn't still cry but he isn't arching his back screaming!!)  Also the reality is being a second child I have to wake Graham up mid nap to drop Reece off at school, or get Reece to Catechism.  As with both of the boys, the worse they sleep during the day, the worse the night goes, so my hope is  to plan and at least get him some stability and regularity during his day time naps.

How can you not love pumpkins when you see this little man?!

Next rough wave, the poor little man has a blocked tear duck which seems to be infected.  He had this several weeks back and the doctor said it is very common and for us just to watch it.  They told us simply to wipe his eye with a warm wash cloth applying pressure right below the eye.  It hasn't seemed to help much this time around.  The doctor did say he is still too young to do anything about it so I guess at this point we just have to keep with the pressure and wash cloth.  It makes me feel awful because some days it looks so bad.

Mommy you are making me blush


Ok so some happy news:
Graham is now officially wearing 3- 6 month clothes.  I love getting him dressed everyday.  I struggle with dressing him like a handsome little man or soaking in as much baby as I can squeeze out of him.  Regardless I have to admit it sure beats the arguments every morning from Reece about a wanting to wear a sports short sleeve shirt.  I'll take all the 3-6 month clothes I can get.

Other than when Graham is tired, he is such a happy and content boy.  He is talking ( Yes we know it is really cooing) up a storm.  Gregg and I both said the other day how much we love to hear him talk ( we don't remember if Reece talked quite this much, which yes maybe scary for anyone who knows what a chatter box Reece is !!)  Graham is starting to rock from side to side when we lay him down to play.  I don't think it will be long before he is rolling over.  He is also doing much better holding his head up, although it does get him exhausted , quickly:)  Graham has become rather observant of his surroundings and tell us all about what he is seeing, LOVE THIS!!



Today I took Graham to the daycare at the gym for the first time.  He was a champ which helps motivate me to find the time to get there more often!!  While I certainly could tell I haven't been working out regularly, I felt great walking out!

Halloween was nearly perfect.  Graham spent the afternoon sleeping through Reece's school party and parade. He was resting up for what was sure to be a BIG night for him.  Graham was Roary the Lion, The Detroit Lions mascot, and Reece was Calvin Johnson.  While Graham wasn't much for his costume which we took off 5 minutes into trick or treating, he loved being out and about with all the trick or treaters.  It certainly was a fun night for a 15 week old!!

ROOAAARRR!! One cute Lion



We are getting on board with the thirty days of being grateful in November.
  I will be sure to update often because we certainly need to count our blessing more often:

Today I am thankful for my two amazing, healthy sons and the smile they bring to my face.
Reece - " I am thankful for my brother"
Gregg - " I am thankful for (Gosh I am embarrassed to write this) my beautiful wife and the best mother to our two great kids!"



No comments:

Post a Comment