Thursday, September 6, 2012

7 weeks

Whew it has been a busy week and time is definitely not slowing down.  Today is a day I have definitely been dreading since I was pregnant, leaving Graham for the first time at daycare.  I am hoping my class flies by!!




Health - I am so happy to say that Graham seems like a different baby this week.  When he is awake he is generally happy and content.  While Graham still struggles falling asleep we seemed to have made a major turn with his colic ( see diet ).  I am not exactly sure on his weight but we are guessing he is now 10 pounds.  I am also happy to say that his baby acne as well as his coloring from his jaundice have really cleared up.  The whites of his eyes are now white!  

Diet - Nursing.  The combination of no caffeine and no dairy seem have done the trick.  While he had a few tough days a few days ago and I quickly realized that I cannot even eat chocolate but overall happy baby = happy Momma!! Graham is now eating every three or so hours during the day.  I am trying to stretch out his feedings even if it is only by 15 minutes which in turn is helping him sleep longer stretches at night.

Sleep - Graham is also sleeping better.  I try my best to feed him late around 10 or 11 pm which gets us about 4 straight hours and then he has one more early morning feeding sometime between 5 and 6 am.   Generally Graham wakes up in the morning for about an hour and then goes back to sleep.  He still is sleeping most of the day but is then awake through the evening until we put him to bed.  

 Enjoying the boat

Likes - Graham is really starting to track things with his eyes, which means I brought out some toys for him!!  It is so fun to watch him lay on his mat or the floor and look all around even reaching for things. He continues to love his bath and massage time every night.  We have officially decided that Graham loves the outdoors.  We spent the weekend on the boat and he did amazing!!  If he is having a fussy moment we take him outside and he quickly calms down.  The weather has been beautiful so we try to have him outside as much as we can!!

Play time

Milestones - Graham is beginning to smile socially.  While he doesn't do it all the time yet when Gregg, Reece, or I come up to him he gives us a smile which just makes me melt.  Graham also took his Big Brother to school for the first time!!  It was great to introduce him to the Lakewood family.  Today will be Graham's first day of "school"/ daycare.  I have to say I thought I was ready and after going yesterday to fill out the paperwork I am now terrified.  I cannot believe I have to leave my little guy.  It feels so different than leaving him with my mom.  While I know I am leaving him in great hands I am still scared and hope he is an angel.  Luckily it is just for three or so hours every Thursday.  I am hoping to drop him off today with no tears, from me of course!!

XOXO


Post Partum - I am feel more and more back to myself everyday.  It is amazing how I have learned in seven weeks to function off of little sleep although I am loving the few additional hours each night.  I am still doing the rock and stroll class and have also been out for  couple of runs.  I quickly learned that I have to double up on my sports bras, gosh I never thought there would be a day in my life I would be saying that!  Otherwise it feels incredible to be back to really working out, not just walks!  Since we are all back to school this week I am also trying to figure out a pumping schedule so I don't lose any of my milk supply.  This is definitely a work in progress!



No comments:

Post a Comment