Monday, September 3, 2012

Becoming a 1'st Grader

Reece - 
Holy Cow where has the summer gone??
First grade , I can't believe it !!!
I have so much I want to say but lets start with our amazing summer, we played a lot of putt putt, we went to a few water parks and the zoo, you perfected the art of doing cannon balls off the back of the boat, you learned how to ride your bike on two wheels, we played soccer and baseball and tennis and golf and volleyball and even became a swimmer!!  You became a BIG BROTHER!  Gosh we even found ways to practice your soccer and baseball skills in any available hospital courtyard.  We went to Nascar, a Tigers game, and even squeezed in a Lions game.
In May I was worried as to how I would a manage being pregnant and keeping up with a 6 year old all day, tonight I am wondering how I am going to adjust to my days without you while you are at school. It definitely doesn't get any easier watching you grow up and become more independent.  I have loved everyday we have spent together this summer and will miss you like crazy.
While I know you are a little nervous for tomorrow because you aren't sure if you "are ready for first grade" Daddy and I know you will do incredible.  We hope that you are kind and respectful, that you learn to challenge yourself to try new things, that you run faster than you knew you could, and most importantly we know you will be a great kid!!!  Reece we think this is going to be your year to shine - you hope you make new friends, we look forward to you coming home quizzing us with your new math skills and that you will become an even better reader, not to mention all the new soccer moves you will have.  
So while we are sad the summer is winding down we cannot wait to watch you grow even more.  Look out Lakewood 1'st grade, Reece is ready!!

We love you sooo much,
Mom and Daddy


A few highlights to remember :

Your height - 49 inches
Your weight - 48 pounds
Your favorite color - blue
Your favorite cartoon - Phineas and Ferb
Your favorite food - cheeseburger
Your favorite thing to do - go out on the boat
What you want to become when you get bigger - a soccer player


No comments:

Post a Comment