Thursday, September 27, 2012

Graham is 10 weeks old!

Gosh I certainly am trying to enjoy every moment with this little guy but time is flying by!



I have to admit life is crazy with two kids.  Just trying to get Reece up and out of the house in the morning was hard ( he loves to lie around in the morning and not move to quickly, I wonder where he got that?!?)  Graham has become really laid back and just goes with it.  He wakes up usually sometime between 6:30 am and 7:30 am, after he eats he plays on the floor or on his mat which he is really starting to enjoy.  After about an hour he is ready for a nap so I usually put him in the swing to take his nap.  It is easiest because I always have to wake the little guy to take Reece to school.  Since we have gotten his schedule down he rarely fusses and just goes with it.  I can only hope he will stay so laid-back.


We had our two month check up which also meant he was scheduled to get his immunizations , 4 of them.  I decided I wanted to split the shots up as I certainly couldn't handle watching to poor guy go through 4 shots, needless to say how they made him feel. So we did two and then will go back at three months for the other two.  I will follow that schedule for the remainder of his immunizations.  While he cried when he got the shots I feel so lucky that he had no reaction.  We didn't even have to give him tylenol.  At the appointment I noticed that he in the 25% for his height and weight but the 90% for his head circumference.  To make a long story short the pediatrician isn't worried about it but she did say that the percentage has jumped two points so when we go back at three months she will recheck him.  If the percentage jumps again she is going to do an ultrasound on him.  While I really do hope that a big head just means a really smart boy, which of course is hereditary (so the pediatrician says, not the smart boy part!) I do have to admit I have been waking up a few nights thinking about it concerned.  So maybe an ultrasound will ease my worry.  Otherwise Graham got a clean bill of health!


G is smiling a ton and can I just say he certainly knows how to make all of our days.  There is nothing better than interacting with him to have him just light up.  He has become a really happy and content boy!


Overall he is still sleeping great although the past few nights he has been waking up around 3:45 am for a feeding.  So I think this weekend when we aren't working or at school I am going to have Gregg go into his room and try to just console him without feeding him.  He has shown that he can make it through the night without nursing so hopefully this is just a little bump in the road.  My Bible - BabyWise - says that this is common for babies to go through so I am remaining optimistic at this point.

Graham is still sporting 0 to 3 month clothes and size 1 diapers, although we have had a few blowouts lately so we may need to consider moving up to size 2 soon:(!

10 weeks old and Life is Good!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment