Saturday, September 15, 2012

A sweet tooth

So my girlfriend sent me a text the other night about a diet plan that her and her husband follow which is dairy free, called the Paleo Diet.  I have been consumed lately with finding recipes I can eat which will one satisfy my hunger ( seems my appetite has never ending with nursing ) and two that taste good.  One of the things I have missed the most is dessert so sure enough it was one of the first recipes I made.  They were delicious!!!

Coconut Squares

Serves 4

Ingredients

3 eggs
1 cup coconut milk
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup raw honey
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup almond flour
1 tbsp coconut flour
1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 tsp sea salt

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
 I was not able to find almond or coconut flour so I simply used whole wheat flour.  First mix the eggs, oil, honey, and vanilla extract.  Then slowly add the flours followed by the shredded coconut until there are no lumps remaining.  Pour the mixture into an 8x8 pan and cook for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.  Let the squares completely cool.
ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment