Friday, October 12, 2012

Graham is 12 weeks old!



Graham - 
12 weeks ago you came into our lives or as Daddy likes to say it in days, 85 days ago now.  I am definitely feeling much more comfortable in knowing what you need, how to make you happy, and what makes you sad, which is really only when you are overly tired or hungry of course.  You have spent a week now on medication for your acid reflux and you are doing so much better, in fact last night you sleep 7 in a half hours!!! That's our boy!  I have to say you certainly are giving me a hard time going down for your naps and staying down.  The key is getting you relaxed and ready before you are exhausted, but hey as long as you continue doing great at night we will figure out the days.

 

Twelve weeks and you are now a whopping 12 pounds!! Holy cow are you growing so fast.  I am trying my best to hang onto every moment.  In fact I won't even acknowledge that you are officially 3 months old until October 19.  Why rush things, right? we have the rest of our lives to rush.  
We have been trying to have you spend more and more time on your belly and while you certainly are getting much stronger it gets tough to hold your head up too long especially when you are tired.  While I certainly think back to my mornings of slowly waking up, I love nothing more than after feeding you and lying you on the changing table first thing in the morning you stretch and give me huge grins.  You certainly know how to start my day off right. We all love when you play on your mat in morning, as you are just really starting to coo and Reece is convinced he knows exactly what you are saying! ( I certainly wouldn't pass it by him though).  You love to bat and kick the animals all while occasionally finding your own hand in your eye sight, you can't take your eyes off them!  Watching you kick, Reece is convinced you are going to be a soccer player, with him of course!!


We spent our first weekend away from you this week but Nana and Papa LOVED spending the time with you and getting to know you better.  They said you were a perfect angel!! And while we really enjoyed our time away I couldn't wait to come home pick you up and have you tuck your little arm down on my chest, knowing how content and happy you are.
If this is how great the first twelve weeks have been I cannot wait for the next twelve years, then the next and next.  Graham you have brought so much wonder and contentment into our family.  We love seeing what you are going to do next all while watching and enjoying where you are today.  
WE LOVE YOU G!!


No comments:

Post a Comment