Monday, October 22, 2012

Weekend Recap

Gosh is it Monday already?!?!  We had big plans for the weekend and really accomplished very few of them but had a great weekend.  I love when that happens, spontaneity is few and far between with two kids but when it happens it is usual always a success. 

While I have always loved weekends, they have a whole new meaning now that I pass by my family during the week.  I made it my goal to get all of my homework done on Friday so I could just enjoy Saturday and Sunday as the M 4, with no distractions. We took the boys for professional photos  Saturday morning.  I have to say Reece was an ALLSTAR.  Not only did he look handsome and not complain a peep about his outfit, he smiled and charmed the pants off the photographer.  I cannot wait to see the finished product!!  Saturday night we went over to a friends house to watch the Michigan/Michigan State game.  While Gregg and I don't have much care about either team, Reece decided he was a die hard Michigan fan for the game.  We had a great time and I have to say it is awesome to go to a friends house with another baby and not have to bring a thing.  Graham was mesmerized by their playmate, swing, bouncer, and just all over surroundings.  We need to do it again soon!

Reece and his buddy Tyler


Sunday, my sister was running the marathon downtown.  I wasn't sure how I would feel about not running but Graham and I headed down to offer our support.  I have to say I was invigorated.  It was just what I needed to motivate me.  While I started running about 5 weeks ago, it has been anything but easy.  The days where I feel great, I am lacking motivation and the days I have motivation my legs feel like a ton of bricks.  I am not a natural runner but 4 years ago my sister said she was running a marathon and I should do it with her.  Little did I know how hard the journey would be, but how addicted I would become.  Running was the first thing in a long time that I did entirely for myself.  I pushed myself to limits I had never experienced or accomplished.  I had a love hate relationship with my new passion.  When we decided to have another baby and struggled to make it happen , running took a back burner.  So it has been two+ years that I have really competitively run.  I convinced myself I needed the break, and maybe I really did.  But today I realized that I am ready to get back on the boat. Spending two years making excuses for why I wasn't running much, I have realized since having Graham how much I miss how I feel after a run.  So I committed today to run a half marathon Memorial Day weekend, the Bayshore half Marathon.  While I know the challenges that lie ahead, I also look forward to the feeling of crossing that finish line.  

Leah after 26.2 miles, amazing!!

After the race Graham and I headed home to enjoy the beautiful weather and what may possibly be our last boat ride of the season.  I have to say we have two boys who love to be on the boat!!



All and all , we had an amazing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment